South Siders, North Siders and all of the McAuley Community -Enter to WIN tickets for the Crosstown Classic!
Raffle tickets ~ $100 each
4 Tickets ($200 face value each)
White Sox vs Cubs @ Wrigley Field
Tuesday, July 25 at 1:20 pm
Aisle 15, Row 2 - fantastic seats!
All proceeds from the raffle benefit McAuley students and provide scholarship and financial aid.
-Raffle closes Monday, July 24 at 3:30 p.m.
-Winner will be announced on Monday at 4pm
-Tickets available for pick-up at Mother McAuley. Winner will be contacted for pick-up arrangements.
Catherine McAuley Honors Scholars Program
The Catherine McAuley Honors Scholars is a program instituted to recognize superior academic achievement, offer opportunities for academic and cultural enrichment, encourage further development of skills and talents, and reward high-scoring students for their endeavors. Students may be invited to membership after their first semester freshman year through junior year.
The program was named for Catherine McAuley who founded the Sisters of Mercy in Dublin, Ireland. From Dublin, Catherine sent her sisters all over the world to serve the poor. One of her strongest beliefs was “No work of society can be more productive of good to society than the careful instruction of women.” So today’s students can better the world in which they live, we continue that tradition of educating women, and we reward them for superior achievement.
The average ACT score for the Class of 2016 Catherine McAuley Honor Scholar is 31.
- Enroll in at least four honors classes or AP classes each semester
- Complete at least five AP classes before graduation
- Maintain a 4.09 average each semester for at least three semesters
- Participate in at least one extra-curricular activity each year.
- Attend all required programs and events-approximately one or two per quarter
- Consult with the CMHS Program Director during scheduling time.
- Create and maintain an electronic portfolio
At the start of each semester, students who fail to meet academic or attendance requirements will be removed from membership in the program. They may return as members when they meet requirements.
- Provides an additional resource for securing information about academics and college preparation.
- Offers friendship and support from other students in the program
- Affords special recognition at commencement
CMHS Enrichment Opportunities
- At least four after school events focusing on various topics. This year's plans include two visits from alums in a variety of profession, a visit from college age alums, and speakers helping prepare students for college
- Lunch time opportunities to learn from in house speakers and alumnae visitors
- Creation, updating and maintenance of an electronic portfolio
- Up-to-date information about summer study and volunteer opportunities
- Possible visits to Midwestern university campuses
- Scholar Sister initiative which pairs new members with upper classwomen for advice