Entrance Exam Class of 2026
8th grade girls are encouraged to take the Entrance Exam at Mother McAuley and become a Mighty Mac!
Saturday, December 4, 2021
Test Day Information
- On the day of the exam (Saturday, December 4, 2021) students should bring:
- several No. 2 pencils.
- the $25 exam fee (for students not pre-registered). Cash or a check made payable to Mother McAuley Liberal Arts High School are acceptable forms of payment.
- please note that calculators are NOT permitted.
- Students may only take the entrance exam at one Catholic high school. Pre-registration is requested but not necessary. Pre-registration will go live on Saturday, November 13, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. The link will be available on this page.
- Mother McAuley administers the High School Placement Test (HSPT). Study guides for this exam may be purchased online or at local bookstores. Be sure the study guide includes the HSPT Entrance Exam. You may also visit https://www.studyguidezone.com/hspttest.htm for more information about the exam.
- The Mother McAuley entrance exam is designed to be taken without the use of a calculator. Students may NOT bring a calculator on the day of the test.
- Criteria used for decisions regarding acceptance and placement include results of the HSPT Entrance Exam taken at McAuley along with 7th and 8th grade grammar school records.
- Letters of acceptance will be mailed in early February as set by the Office of Catholic Schools.
- 8th grade students must take the entrance exam at McAuley to be eligible to apply for scholarship opportunities.
Mother McAuley can provide extended time as well as a smaller testing environment on the entrance exam to students who provide the following documentation:
- Current ICEP, IEP, 504 plan (if applicable)
- Psychological or Neuropsychological Evaluation (within three school years)
- Medical diagnosis from a physician that warrants academic accomodations in the classroom and/or on standardized tests
- Accommodation diagnostic documentation must be submitted to Mother McAuley prior to the entrance exam.