Music is a science as it engages acoustics and includes graph reading. It is mathematicl in regard to rhythm and the subdivisions of time into fractions. Music is a foreign language that also teachers history through a contest of artistic interpretation of events. Music is physical education as it requires coordination of the fingers, hands, artms, diaphragm, chest and back.
- Encourage each student's giftedness.
- Provide opportunities for students to share their God-given talents with the community.
- Allow students to grow intellectually and aesthetically.
- Enable students to think critically.
- Teach students to communicate effectively.
After School Opportunities
- Instrumental and Vocal private lessons
- All-School Musical
- Solo-Ensemble Contest
- Christmas caroling in the community
- Performance trips
- All Catholic Band at DePaul University
- IMEA District Auditions
- Piano Lab experience in Music: Bach to Rock
Classes: *denotes honors level option