Preparation in the visual arts provides our young women with creative and critical problem-solving skills in addition to developing their own appreciation of art as a unique visual record of the diverse cultures of the world. The Visual Arts take a holistic orientation to education. Our curriculum is designed to challenge McAuley's young women to:
- engage to the imagination.
- foster flexible ways of thinking creatively and critically.
- develop disciplined effort.
- build self-confidence.
- achieve technical skills for personal expression.
- build portfolios for future study and career opportunities.
Our art students participate in many private and public-sponsored competitions. They also enter into many exhibitions throughout the South Chicago Metropolitan, Illinois and Midwest region, including the Midwest Regional Scholastic Art & Writing Awards. The Art Program sponsors the Annual Juried Art Exhibition at Franklin Framing Gallery in Blue Island.