Spring scholarships are now available. Applications are due on Friday, February 23, 2018 to the Main Office. All students are encouraged to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity, made possible by the generosity and kindness of our donors.
More than $30,000 will be awarded to 25 students through these opportunities! Apply today!
Advantages of the iPad®
Today’s students are immersed in a digital world. Mobile communication has changed the way people learn and work. According to the U.S. Department of Education and recent studies by the National Training and Simulation Association, technology-based instruction can reduce the time students take to reach a learning objective by 30 to 80 percent.
After careful research and review, we believe that the iPad is the best instrument to prepare our students for their 21-century educations and careers as it supports multiple learning and teaching styles and makes education more accessible and relevant. Students are placed front and center in their learning as they
- explore dynamic content and creative approaches to learn, solve problems, build and apply knowledge
- communicate and collaborate in real-time with classmates and teachers
- develop self-discipline and digital skills as they learn responsible uses for technology in the classroom and beyond
- prepare to thrive in digital environments, such as those found at colleges and universities, as they are trained to submit homework and offer meaningful contributions online
- become responsible contributors in helping McAuley to go “green” by using technology to reducing our ecological footprint
Digital Textbook Playbook.” The Digital Textbook Collaborative. February 1, 2012. transition.fcc.gov/files/Digital_Textbook_Playbook.pdf