Spring scholarships are now available. Applications are due on Friday, February 23, 2018 to the Main Office. All students are encouraged to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity, made possible by the generosity and kindness of our donors.
More than $30,000 will be awarded to 25 students through these opportunities! Apply today!
Frequently Asked Questions
In 2013, Mother McAuley Liberal Arts High School embarked on an exciting step forward in our academic and technological growth through the introduction of an Apple iPad® curriculum integration pilot program. Mother McAuley is the first single-gender, private high school in the Chicago Southland to launch an iPad initiative. The outcome of our pilot program allowed us to make educated and informed decisions for our overall objective of creating a 1:1 iPad Integration Program.
Why the iPad program is important
At Mother McAuley, we remain committed to providing our young women with the highest quality education by integrating innovative technologies that continue to redefine traditional learning experiences. Today’s students are immersed in a digital world. Mobile communication has changed the way people learn and work. We believe the iPad is the best instrument to prepare our students for their 21-century educations and careers as it supports multiple learning and teaching styles and makes education more accessible and relevant. Students are placed front and center in their learning as they
- explore dynamic content and creative approaches to learn, solve problems, build and apply knowledge
- communicate and collaborate in real-time with classmates and teachers
- develop self-discipline and digital skills as they learn responsible uses for technology in the classroom and beyond
- prepare to thrive in digital environments, such as those found at colleges and universities, as they are trained to submit homework and offer meaningful contributions online
- become responsible contributors in helping McAuley to go “green” by using technology to reducing our ecological footprint
We live in an increasingly digital age and the Apple iPad has emerged as one of the leading new tools in education to interactively aid and enrich a student’s learning. The functionality of the iPad allows students to become active participants in their education. From a practical perspective, the iPad
- is compact, portable and compatible with many different environments
- offers a wide range of features and robust selection of resourceful applications (apps) to aid in students’ comprehension and overall study skills
- offers an 10-hour battery life, ensuring its viability throughout the school day
- provides a cost-savings over traditional textbooks through the availability of eBooks, instructional videos and supplemental resources
During class, we anticipate the following uses:
- Immediate access to the wireless network for instant research action
- Connections to iTunes University courses where necessary classroom materials and notifications will be uploaded by teachers, organizing course materials all in one space
- Audio or video recording of lectures to reference for review of homework assistance
- Digital organization tools, such as access to school and personal calendars
- Real-time feedback to teachers through instant polls and quizzes that track how students comprehend the material
- Use of Apple TV for students to use AirPlay to wirelessly share their work instantaneously, and teachers can project their content for all students to see and experience